November 7, 2023, General District Election
Resolution appointing Director(s) of the Scotts Valley Water Conservation District In-Lieu of holding an election was approved by the Board of Supervisors on November 7, 2023. (Agenda Item 5.14 ).
The number of candidates in the Scotts Valley Water Conservation District, Divisions I and III did not exceed the number of vacancies. Therefore, an election was not held on November 7, 2023.
Public Notices & Media Releases
Registering to Vote
Qualifications to Register to Vote
- A United States citizen and a resident of California (for information on voters in the military or overseas, please see Military and Overseas Voters)
- 18 years old or older on Election Day
- Not currently serving a state or federal prison term for the conviction of a felony (for more information, please see Voting Rights: Persons with a Criminal History)
- Not currently found mentally incompetent to vote by a court (for more information, please see Voting Rights: Persons Subject to Conservatorship)
- You must re-register to vote any time you change your name, residence and/or mailing address, or political party.
Register or re-register to Vote online at registertovote.ca.gov or at the Lake County Office of the Registrar of Voters located at:
Lake County Courthouse
255 N Forbes Street
Lakeport, CA 95453.
Voter registration forms are also available at Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) offices, City Clerks' offices, public libraries, and post offices. You may have a registration form mailed to you by calling our office at 707-263-2372 or the California Secretary of State at 800-345-VOTE (8683).
Military & Overseas - Voter Information
Military and over seas voter information resources are intended to make participating in elections as easy and rewarding for you as possible. Here, you will learn the basic steps to become a military or overseas voter so you are eligible to vote when you are absent from your county while serving and/or living overseas.
Check Your Voter Status
Check if you are registered to vote on My Voter Status - California Secretary of State.
Please call our office at 707-263-2372 if you are informed that no record matches or no record is found and you recently completed a new registration form or completed online registration. (We suggest that you wait at least 24 hours after you registered to allow for staff to process the registration.)
Campaign & Finance
Committees formed to support or oppose candidates seeking candidacy must comply with campaign finance requirements. The Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) is responsible for providing advice about campaign finance issues. They have prepared a fact sheet specific to recall elections that expands on this information. See the FPPC's Fact Sheets page.
A Candidate for local office must file a Form 501 with the Lake County Registrar of Voters office before soliciting or receiving any contributions or before making expenditures from personal funds on behalf of his/her candidacy.